The Bridesmaids

Introducing the three gorgeous bridesmaids…




Jen Cocks
"The Jens" is what Jen and I were called at Varsity. We met at La Med during orientation week and sat next to each other in our first law lecture. We instantly became tight friends and spent the next four years in each other's pockets and a lot of el vino did flow. We partied together, ate together, studied together, cried together when we thought we'd failed, drank together when we passed and for numerous other reasons (or no reason at all) and even lived together in our final year. Jen at one point called 5fm when they were running some kind of show about how well you know your friends and I got a surprise phone call from a DJ who asked me 8 questions about Jen, all of which I think I answered correctly. So you can say we know each other well. Jen is always there at the drop of a hat when I need her and I can always count on her for an honest opinion. Jen is currently completely her law articles, specializing in litigation, at C & A Friedlander. She is a little tiger!


Gill Salmon
I have known Gill, or "Roo" as I call her affectionately, for 23 years. We met at Mrs Ryan's playgroup when we were 2 and have been friends ever since. We grew up together over the years we attended Oakhurst and Herschel. Gill is one of those all-rounders who everybody loves. She is overboard intelligent, good at everything she does and such a rad person. My first memories of most things include Gill and we have had many happy weekends at her family's house in Hermanus. Although she's spent the last while overseas we have a great comfortable connection where we can pick up exactly where we left off. Right now Gill is in Koa Tao, Thailand where she works as an underwater videographer (what a cool job!). She'll be back in Cape Town in early September. Yay! Ps. She is probably the smartest and one of the funniest girls you'll ever meet!



Suzie Keey
In my first year of varsity Jen was living with Suzie (or "Hoerie" as we like to call her in jest). I saw this gorgeous, tall, bambi-eyed girl and thought she was going to be arrogant and intimidating. Boy was I wrong! Suz is the most down-to-earth, humble, intelligent and kind person on the planet. We bonded over my GHD before they were readily available in SA and have spent many, many nights drinking Buitenverwagting Buiten Blanc and sharing pizzas at Banana Jam or Cosmos at Oblivion. Suz is wise beyond her years and someone I feel I can chat to about anything without worrying that she'll judge me. She is currently the manger (along with the lovely La Adler) of Just Frames which has taken her on buying trips to the UK, Europe and China in the last 2 years… tough life!

No comments:

Post a Comment